Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Satyam wicket down…

I must say this is the most horrifying news of the year. Right from the beginning when we used to fancy about 'white-collar' job profiles offered by IT companies, Satyam used to take 3rd position after Infosys and TCS. We used to fight to bring these companies to our campus for placements during engineering and MBA days…so the news is spellbound as expected. This is very ridiculous, even after being strongly governed by Indian Corporate Governance (the only technical finance term that I understand, and I must admit I try to fit it in every discussion that is remotely related to finance..!!) the companies are still walking through with huge frauds in their balance sheets (sorry..!!! I missed out, this is another finance ‘understandable’ term)…and the frauds are not in thousands or lakhs...rather crores… 5040 cr. to be precise!!!! I could just feel pity for its huge family of employees who used to adore the company just like me…

…and I just hope that my other two favs doesn’t fall under this category…atleast not the first one, otherwise I would have to stop wasting time in writing these blogs and start searching for jobs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment