Tuesday, January 6, 2009

5-minutes nap

The time is 3’o clock in the afternoon…the sun glowing dark in orange after burning at full throttle in the afternoon sky…people’s clatter diffusing into yawns…the spinal chord bending like a melting rod…meeting rooms filled with a air of curfew…eyes drooping like avoiding any more efforts from them…ties unfolded and kept loosely on the desk…coffee machines working overtime like feeding citizens in depression hit area…long queue at the drinking water bay…restrooms filled with snoring noises from behind the individual doors…people stretching their arms spreading the fragrance hidden beneath …discussions turning into gossips and gossips turning into mere vowels…curtains covering the ultra-violets from sky…people limping like walking in their dreams…messenger’s status turning into ‘Away’…feeble eyes waiting for hour’s hand to touch ‘5’…

Suddenly my phone vibrated with full swing (like the only charged up device in the vicinity) and I came to hear a voice from other end, “Jaago”. I came to realize that I had been sleeping in the office on my desk for the last 5 minutes and the description written above is not imaginary but sincerely true to my knowledge. I swear this is fantastic opportunity to steal a nap in the office especially when there is no work to do and no deadlines to follow. Normally this is favorite activity followed by people on ‘bench’ (technical name used in IT industry and literary meaning the same). These people are legally allowed to take rest like the one I had just now. ‘Bench’ is very interesting and long topic which I will cover later.

Anyways, I am strong supporter of taking a quick nap in the afternoon, and many do follow me by the same. Once a guy came to my cubicle in my absence and asked my cubicle mate about me with a description like, “...wohi jo bindaas sota hai desk pe...” I know it was a sort of embarrassing for me, but still I could build up an identity in my office (...till it effects my appraisal). I must educate these people that there is nothing more refreshing than taking a nap in the afternoon- it relieve you of all the worries in the morning and charge you up for the later part of the day…gear you up for the gym and might help you staying awake for attending late night calls with your dear ones..

I know that I would be afraid if any of my bosses see this post, but still I love my ‘5-minute nap’…and that’s the way I am..!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment