Monday, September 12, 2011

FB ruined me..

I know it’s been long since I had scribbled over my blog. More than to commit that I was busy in my job, I would say that it took me a while to adjust in my new life at Mumbai, the City of Dreams..!!! Unexpectedly, settling down in this city wasn't really tough, I don’t know why. Maybe things are more accessible here and my office is not too far from my home. But there is another reason why I kept neglecting blogs for a while, and the reason is social networking site called ‘Facebook’. However I am thankful to Mr. Mark Zuckerberg for such an innovation that has become quite popular now-a-days, not only for the youth but for the kids as well as senior citizens. It helped me connect with my long lost friends and relatives but kept me away from my thoughts. I was getting attuned to shorten my thoughts to form a statement that I can post on my wall instead of expressing them through my blogs. My patience and creativity was often compromised when I am posting over my wall.

Surfing ‘FB’ (a short name of ‘facebook’) has been a regular feature in my daily chores and I feel so tempted if I neglect the same. However my FB page is filled with people making other as their friends (of which I have no idea or interest), catchy one-liners that are 99% copied from other’s wall, amazing videos from crazy websites, ‘senti’ dialogues, ‘farmville’ requests to be someone’s neighbor or help them harvest some crop, friend’s request who share their information only to their friends etc etc…

But all this while my creativity went for a toss. I haven’t written any good piece of thought since long. And the reason for this is that I haven’t thought about any topic in detail. All I was thinking about was ‘comment’. During the last four and a half months that I had spent in Mumbai, I came across many interesting subjects to think about and write.

Anyways, will try my best to keep up my motivation and patience for my interests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment