Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy b'day Appu da..!!

I think this would be for the first time that I am writing something for someone whom I haven’t met more than 5 minutes till date. I have spoken to him at two occasions, the first one being less than 5 minutes and second one being more than 10 minutes, but definitely less than 15. In the last 3 years, I have heard about him and his family for such a great length that my thoughts have evolved into admiration.

The first time I had met him was at the occasion where I was sitting on a decorated sofa with my wife-in-process..!! I was fed with all sorts of gifts and guests that I couldn’t remember anything at the moment, but there was this gentleman in black suit (if I remember correctly. Today, I don’t even remember my own wedding dress), extending his hand towards me and said, “Hi Vipul ji, I am Apoorva, Sarika’s brother”. There were so many words unfamiliar to me in his short speech, like-
ji” (vow.. is this for me?)
Apoorva” (hmm.. I have heard about him, but when, where, how?)
Sarika” (oh yes, I remember, this is my wife’s second name)

We shook hands formally and later enthusiastically when Divya (Sarika at that moment) told me he came all the way from Netherlands to wish us. Almost felt like someone had arrived from my birth place..!!! All this conversation with excitement included lasted for mere 5 minutes.

The next time I spoke to him in December/January this year, when I was struggling to keep myself warm in Delhi’s chilly winters. I was passing through a curious phase in my career where I needed a strong professional advice. I was also amazed and little surprised to hear an IIM grad complimenting academic achievements of IIT grad..!! It was like, USA appreciating Andaman and Nicobar for their sea-life preservation.

I kept hearing about him and his small intellectual family- intellectual wife and intellectual-in-making kid, whenever we see any of their facebook update or a new blog-entry or a new series of photographs, and it would be exciting to meet them whenever destined.

The reason for which I am writing about him is to wish him happy birthday..
Stay healthy and keep rocking..

0 comments:

Post a Comment