Friday, April 8, 2011

Mera Neta Chor Hai..!!!

I would recommend reading the following article before I can say anything:-http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/what-is-the-jan-lokpal-bill-why-its-important-96600?cp

He looks like Gandhi”, the first thought that came to my mind when I saw this man wearing a white khadi cap. I am not a good historian, but still, looking at Anna Hazare reminded me of the beliefs he shares with Mahatma. Apart from the looks that he shares with Gandhi ji, he has roped in the same philosophy that Mahatma had thought when he went through similar fast-unto-death agitation. Wearing a traditional white kurta and topi, smiling at the audience, he is the man who has stood up for a cause that we all had suffered for long… Corruption.

We all do suffer from corruption and wants to get rid of it. At the moment, we can’t even think of a state or any small government office that is free of corruption. If I spend a day in government office without bribing anyone, I would feel ecstatic. I always control myself against offering bribes, but certainly there is a limit and now-a-days the limit seems more fragile. But hey, I am not the only one..!!!

I might get criticized for not supporting this, but see the features about Jan-Lokpal bill that Anna is recommending. Is he contemplating another supreme court in India???? Some of the points look theoretical and idealistic. For example, “No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations”, “Investigations in any case will have to be completed in one year”, “The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent”. I am sure any governing body in India had been established keeping these points in their declaration, like courts, police services etc. Unfortunately despite of all these declarations, we still face our common enemy.

The success of such theoretical Lokpal will depend upon the intentions and the profile of officials who will constitute the committee. Now, keeping this in mind, I felt virtuous when I saw Anna’s basic intention of going the Gandhian way. He feels that by introducing Lokpal bill in the parliament and going fast-unto-death would help unite the people for a common cause. Not only the politicians and bureaucrats are corrupt, the shades of corruption lie within us. If we wish to see a Corrupt-free-India, the major responsibility first belongs to us. Success of Lokpal bill will signify the realization of corruption within self by every citizen vouching for it. Now recall the intentions of Mahatma behind his fast-unto-death in 1948 (Quick reading on Mahatma:http://www.ceeby.com/people/mahatmagandhi.cfm). He wasn’t proposing any separate Telangana state or hike in his salary. He had just wished for peace and harmony among different communities. And I feel so glad to know that in this age of modern society, we do have a person like Anna who thinking is so pure.

This is the only reason I support Anna and his noble cause, and urge others too. .

0 comments:

Post a Comment