Thursday, September 23, 2010

Official bachelorhood starts..

19-Sep-10, this day reminded me of the time when I used to be struggling for getting a shelter in various places in Hyderabad. Today I was standing again in front of house broker and shelling out big bucks out of my pocket just to get a room for myself. Time repeats itself and reveals scars every time.
.
Today morning I got up with an agenda in mind: I had to find a nice, comfortable 1-bedroom house for my stay at Noida for 4 months. I stuffed my tummy with heavy breakfast and got ready to explore the options. My cousin accompanied me in this journey of finding shelter. Yes, my company doesn’t allow me to live in a hotel for 4 months; otherwise it might get bankrupt because of me..!!! Anyways we were waiting for the broker near a metro station while it was raining all the time. All of a sudden a mid-aged guy wearing old helmet, chewing tobacco and riding on historic LML scooter halted in front of us. He introduced himself as a broker and ensured us that he’ll prove to be a god for us. Suddenly he was surprised and realized that we were three and the vehicle was one. The basic equation went wrong in our first meeting. But hey, haven’t you seen ‘Flop Show’, or more recently ‘Swades’??? I hope now you realized what I am talking about..!!! I was smiling continuously for 5 minutes without embarrassment as there was no side mirrors in the scooter. Forget about mirrors, there wasn’t any headlight in this creature..!! With respect to ‘Flop Show’, I was playing ‘Jaspal Bhatti’..!! (or Shah Rukh in case of Swades)
.
Somehow we managed to reach one house where there was an independent room over the terrace. The owner looked so sophisticated that I couldn’t see a smile over his face, even while discussing the rent. Later I came to know that he was doctor, and then I felt pity for his patients. We passed on couple of hours while looking at various kinds of houses. Basically it’s very difficult to find a 1-BHK house and that too in a good locality and manageable price. We also saw a PG that was filled with different kinds of people and stuffed with smell of books, laundry and what else. Then I realized that time has passed and I am no longer fit for adjusting in PG. We also saw one house the size of which was much less than my hostel at IIT or Chandigarh. The owner was asking me `4000 for providing me a cot that was 75% of my length, a table that was barely standing, and area that was slightly more than me as it’s diagonal. This was crazy. If Divya would have visited this room, she would have killed me..!!! Anyways I saved my ass out of this place and specifically told our to-be God that this would not go with me. With heavy heart we went to see one room that belongs to a typical Punjabi family. There was one room- independent, with attached bathroom and a separate entrance. The looks weren’t really impressive but I could sense that it could fit my budget and I can spend some months in this one. I had no really a choice but to finalize this house, and here we go…big bucks out of my small pocket..!!! Since then we have been running, to check out from hotel, find a auto, reach my new room etc etc. As I came back to this room and lay over the bed, I could sense that struggle for house never depletes over time. The sad part is that I am married and we have large big house in Hyderabad..
.
Anyways, this is part of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment