Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Journey-new, tough and interesting

It’s been close to 24 hours that I have been into this room for a while before I realized that it’s evening outside, again.
.
Last one week was full of experiences and happenings that were quite new and expected. Here I am in Noida for some time for project related work and working for a luxurious watch maker (my hopes of getting some consolation gifts were put on hold on 2nd day itself..!!). Noida no longer is isolated land that used to be in our times. Our times ‘bole to’ 10 years back. Now you can find the traffic jam right as you enter Noida. In fact it seems that you pay toll tax to enter into a jam..!!. But I can’t resist smiling at the work done by Mayawati to decorate the entire place with elephants, pillars and idols of ‘maaniniye sri Kanshi Ram ji’. Great, actually I can figure out that I have entered the state of ‘mahamaya’.
.
Working in north Indian state is altogether different. You are no longer faced with language barriers and especially in terms of food and accommodation. In fact I was quite amused looking at guys ordering south Indian dishes with excitement. They don’t know actually they have ordered something that has been in abundance somewhere in south. The place has changed a lot. I can sense that girls are feeling much safe and secured while working in these places. This is with assumption that amount of clothes girls wear is inversely proportional to the security they feel. The moment I had landed at Delhi airport, I felt that something is wrong with the location, maybe I had landed at Mumbai rather than Delhi. But yes culture shock really shocked me well.
.
It may not be the politics or the politicians but Delhi Metro had definitely changed the face of Delhi. And after looking at the way passengers travel in these trains with composure, with i-pods stuffed in ears, wearing 'haulter-necks' and ascending the metro without hassles, I can definitely appreciate Mr. Shreedharan for his invaluable contribution. But on the other hand what makes me feel down to the earth is the same old story of 'auto rickshaw walas'. They haven’t changed a bit. In fact they look more animated and interesting than before. All of them are legally devoid of meters and so the rates are totally upto them. Anytime their mouth is stuffed with ‘paan’, and so you need to be extra conscious while listening to their theories.
.
Delhi being the most populous city of this country used to host many of our relatives, but somehow I feel lonely sometimes. I know the reason as well. It’s been more than 3.5 years that I had stayed in Hyderabad and more than a year, in Hyderabad with my wife, that now I feel a sense of inertia while leaving for a different place for such a long time. I know 4 months is certainly not a very long time, considering that I am still in India and I can anytime fly down to my place. But the limitations are there intact. Maybe the inertia now is more on emotional side rather than being tactical.
.
Anyways let’s hope for better..

2 comments:

SID said...

I really admire your motivation levels sir..
cheers to that !!

...Vipul said...

Thanks Sid...

Post a Comment