Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My visit to Assemly line

I kept smiling at my excitement while I was wearing a white lab coat and changing our shoes with slippers. Within few minutes I was standing in front of a gate that opened up to assembly line of India’s leading wrist watch maker. There were 100s of ladies wearing lab coats and white caps sitting quietly in a line and working over the components that were just passing over moving conveyor belt. We saw the complete manufacturing of precious watches step by step. This was quite interesting. This wasn’t the first time I was watching an assembly line, but the best of all that I have seen in past. The manufacturing started with a small needle and ended up in complex looking wrist watch.
.
The factory is located over the beautiful hills of Baddi, a place in Himachal Pradesh. The whole area was so scenic that it gave us impression that who will work here with concentration. We had lunch that comprised of simple ‘rajma chawal’, ‘dal chawal’ etc. Despite after travelling such a distance and getting straight to business, we weren’t feeling a bit lethargic. This might be the effect of environment or the pressure of winding up the things in 2 days but it was fun. In the night I travelled back to Chandigarh on a very disturbed road, but next day, I could appreciate the beauty of the valley accompanying our way to Baddi.
.
Anyways, after spending some good moments in Baddi, now I am back to old shit place, Noida. The same old routine is going to start from Monday.
.
Ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment