Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Hum 7 saath hain..."

Last week was filled with lot more activities than normally what we are occupied with. Our newly rented house had played the host for seven people including me and my wife. Mummy, papa, my sister and two of my cousins had visited Hyderabad for a week passed by and it was the first time after our marriage that we were hosting a big gathering. It was an amazing feeling all together.
I remember last time my parents had came to Hyderabad and all were bundled into a single small room. I had no cooking gas in house and can’t afford a house made meal for them. I bought a defective hot plate that brought me shame while cooking a Maggi. I know that parents are most flexible to stay with their children, but I could sense the displeasure while they left for Jaipur.
As the last week passed by, I could feel the sense of contentment that I could present my parents with better living style than before. Credit goes to my wife who was able to manage guests mostly without my help. We had already started the preparation for this occasion a month before. Everyday we used to load my bike with odd-shaped stuffs…we paid minute attention to every detail that could be sensed by any guest. We had experienced many things during this vacation…we tried sizzlers at the most famous restaurant “Indijoes”…tried biryani at “Paradise” , the most famous hotel for biryanis in Hyderabad…had done some pearl shopping (not on my account this time..!!)…went to “Eat Street” at Hussain Sagar Lake where we were sweating like anything …and most importantly chatted like never before.
Finally all of them left our place on Sunday leaving a vacuum in our ‘home’. All our efforts were finally converted to smiling faces…. atleast this 'kodak moment' says so..


3 comments:

Nikita Mathur said...

That was an amazing trip.. still not able 2 settle here after a week of non-stop masti. n this pic speaks it all :)-- Nikita

Divya said...

O this is so luvly..i miss the fun..!!

Divya said...

This is so luvly..i miss the fun..!!

Post a Comment