Wednesday, April 21, 2010

“Wake up you idiot, don’t be a Karthik”

As we came out of Cinemax theatre after watching movie ‘Wake up Sid’, I could feel the fresh blood flowing exceptionally through my slender veins. While I was driving my ‘old-edition’ bike over the mountainous roads of Banjara hills in Hyderabad, I could contemplate the thought of existing in this world without really waking up…

It was midnight, and as we came out of INOX theatre after watching movie, ‘3 Idiots’, I could re-collect the days I had spent in engineering college. We had hardly noticed a ‘Rancho’ like character in our hostel that can teach a lesson to our seniors or excel in exams with passion for electrical engineering. Sometimes I fumble when I think, what I was doing those days…

Recently we saw a movie in Cinemax, ‘Karthik calling Karthik’ in which Karthik played by Farhan Akhtar is portrayed as ‘super-common’ man and it shows the transition of his character from mere commoner to a dynamic one. Although for a very brief moment of the movie, had this concept worked…infact big portion of the movie belong to thrill and romance..anyways, I was impressed with this one too..!!!

However after going through all these thoughts, I could infer one common trend among these movies and that is, all these movies show the inspiration striking the youth only. Take ‘3 idiots’; it talks about young engineering students. ‘Wake up Sid’ talks about young college graduate and ‘Karthik calling Karthik’ mention briefly about an employed one (too brief to comment). So what could we infer about this trend. Is it only that the youth needs inspiration or maybe they are the most susceptible ones???? It’s been ages we haven’t seen a movie depicting a mid-aged frustrated professional struggling through various daily job issues. Most of the issues related to career, profession, organization, compromises, family and motivation appear at these ages.
I am still waiting for such movies…

2 comments:

Nikita Mathur said...

Y?? u think u hav already reached that Middle Age- frustrated age that u wanna watch such movies n get some ideas 2 cum of that frustrated life...???

b happy wid 3 idiots only...

Diligent Candy said...

bheja fry could be one such.

Post a Comment