Sunday, April 4, 2010

Show must go on...

As I laid my hands on the red cushion stacked over the dilapidated chair, I felt the streak of pain rushing through my spine. The fluid was gushing through my veins at lower pace than few days before. The eyes seem to be relaxed mood. I slowly sat over the chair with my palm resting over my thigh bone. I rolled my eyes all over the place around. Now, there were no heated fumes. Chairs were placed up-turned over the tables. Waiters were off with their dresses. Lights were few and dim. Suddenly I was felt a bit cold, sitting in large grass-ware…!!!

I looked at the sky above which was not as dark as few hours before. It was waiting for new rays to strike….

…our house was filled with swarm of guests, most of them I hadn’t received at all..!! The momentum picked up as the sound of instruments reached its maximum peak. Some were singing while others were just humming. The soon-to-be-bride was sitting in the middle of the room surrounded with numerous gaping ladies. Secluded, as always, I was standing over the room’s gate, with my elbow resting over the support. Few days from now, the house will return to its original state, deprived with one of its member.

Anyways, I wasn’t prepared to receive this call, but papa called me and revealed that the days ahead weren’t going to be simple for all of us. All of a sudden I went blank and couldn’t think of what expressions should I portray. Don’t know, I could have called mummy and Divya and explained them about this or remain calm and wait for papa to return to home. God..!!! I couldn’t stand the music anymore.

She was admitted to hospital, struck with needles and glucose. I wasn’t aware if this was the best option, but this was the only option we were left with. We all were avoiding facing each other to avoid the basic question in everyone’s mind, “what to do now, and how???”

Show must go on…I don’t know if we all were feeling confident or not, but our intentions were clear and strong….the show must go on. Everything went on plan, I think almost. Few hiccups, few changes and few disappointments...but we all tried to manage our grace. Danced as if nothing happened…wore as if it is pleasure…ate as if it doesn’t bother...laughed as if it never happened…cried as if it was usual..!!! But the only thing that kept us motivating was the strength behind her tired eyes. This wasn’t the first time; almost after 8 years. Probably she is one of the strongest among us.

As I looked at the sky above which was not as dark as few hours before, I thought, the show finally went well. Few turns..few twists..but at the end it went well. Pains were receding and smiles were back..

It’s been 52 days since I had that night, one of the most strenuous of all. But now it feels pleasure to know that our efforts have finally paid. She is happy, bright and healthy…

God bless…





1 comments:

Nikita Mathur said...

I swear, it was one of the many worst tyms of my ife.. was not able 2 accept that i hav been diagnosed wid jaundice at this point of tym.. how everything went wrong and every1 was tense. Dnt knw whom to blame, except myself, but thanks to each 1 of u 4 putting up happy n encouraging faces wich kept me up and cud carry thru this bad tym...But now, AAL IZZ WELL !!! hav missed lot of things during de ceremony, but i hope 2 make up 4 all very soon.. Bhabhi, "thoda thoda pyaar"..dont forget de steps plz... may hav 2 repeat anytym :)
Love u all...

Post a Comment