Monday, June 1, 2009

“HE knew about it..!!!”

It’s strange when we feel ecstatic in small packets of incidences that we experience in our daily life (indeed, daily routine). Yesterday we (me and my wife) experienced a great irony of nature that left us perplexed and laughing at ourself.

For the past few weeks (infact months to be conservative), Hyderabad was burning like hell, and despite of our house being on ground floor, we could feel the heat directly through our concrete walls. During these summers’ days, we had hosted two families (her parents and my parents)..!!! I don’t know whether they were able to ignore the heat but I could clearly see the question mark on their faces asking me, “Can’t it be better than this???” For many afternoons, I could hear my wife screaming because of 3-4PM type heat that made me imagine her being roasted in hot furnace. Everyday I just prayed to HIM to send some showers over my area so that I can safely declare the arrival of monsoons and avoid spending on Air Conditioner (or even a pair of desert coolers). This was very much similar to the village scene in movie ‘Lagaan’ where the whole crowd used to stare at the clouds and wish if it rains. Obviously my reasons were very much different than theirs..!!

Anyways, finally I lost my patience and we bought a brand new LG branded AC for our master bedroom. I was calculating the cut in our future spending while the final bill was being prepared at the showroom. The installation was done at the rock speed and our AC went live at 4 PM on Sunday. We were enjoying every moment of cool, sophisticated air in our bedroom…and all of a sudden….

As I was busy dreaming about healthy environment that we were plunging into…I came to hear some tapping outside. I asked my wife to reach out the door and see outside if everything is just fine. As she opened the door, I could see the deadliest thundershower I have ever seen at such a time..!!! Not even thunderstorm, it was the time when you get to see the first hailstorm of the year..!!! “Oh my GOD, how does HE know about this???” I suddenly felt being cheated by HIM and cursing like, “why hasn’t HE preponed this rain before”. The electricity went off and we were sitting like ducks in front of our AC panel. Somehow we were able to re-enjoy the comfort of AC in night and when I wake up in the morning I could feel a bit cold and feverish.

So this is my experience with something I ain’t in harmony with..!!!

1 comments:

Nikita Mathur said...

"..we were sitting like ducks in front of our AC panel". ha ha ha...That was God's "saajish" against u two innocent ducks..

Post a Comment