Monday, February 23, 2009

Alone in the office

The time is around 4 PM and I have already messaged her many times. I was browsing through the pages, but still the thoughts like…has she taken her lunch…has maid servant done her job perfectly…has someone knocked the door…is she sleeping comfortably or not…etc were strolling through my mind. This is not the first time I was thinking about someone left at home behind. In 2007, my parents visited my house and I had to join office on Monday. The situation is same today. Instead of my parents, my wife was staying at home. Right from entering the Infosys campus, the phone had started ringing and enquiring about how the things are there in home. As I swiped in my proximity card for recording attendance for the day, I had anticipated the time when I would safely leave the office and go to home.
Believe me, it’s a blissful feeling to have someone waiting for you in home after you come back from your office.
It has been ages for me living alone and so thinking about being responsible to leave someone at home was an all-together different feeling. This is the imminent transformation in me after getting married few weeks ago. I used to eat and roam randomly but now the situation is more demanding. I have to pre-plan our meals, make arrangements for that and ensure everything is in place etc. Also, think about better place to visit for couples, regulate the time for outings, and finally drive safely. I hadn’t visited the temple in Hyderabad since last 1.5 years, but today my marriage made me visit 3 temples in just one day.
As I was writing this blog in office and looking at the engagement ring on my finger, I thought that these changes are bound to happen for good. These are the good transformations that will make you more sensible, caring and responsible in future life. It’s more than just marrying someone and retaining your rustic beliefs. You have to change and surely you will, to be her “better half”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment